MBAC is hosting a US Sailing Safety at Sea Seminar Presented by Sail Aweigh on February 14-15, 2020.
Safety at Sea courses are perfect for any sailor planning to head offshore and can fulfill the requirements for the International Offshore certificate that complies with World Sailing (ISAF) guidelines for personal safety.
Safety at Sea Courses Are:
- Moderated and taught by experienced, lifelong sailors who include some of the top names in sailing and safety.
- Designed for sailors of all types and levels — cruisers and racers, novices and experts.
- Appropriate for a wide range of boats — small, big, monohulls, multihulls (and powerboats, too) — that are sailed anywhere — near shore and offshore.
- Sanctioned with approved curriculum by US Sailing, with special attention to conditions and challenges of the host organization’s sailing area.
- Attended by more than 2,500 sailors around North America every year and many bring their families and crews.
- Certifications are good for five years from the date of issue.
The Safety at Sea course at MBAC will be moderated by Bruce Brown, lifelong sailor and noted safety professional for the sailing industry.
Featured speakers include Capt. John Miller (Professional Mariner, Lifelong Sailor) and Christanne Coffey, MD (Assistant Clinical Instructor, Director, Wilderness Medicine Fellowship Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California San Diego).