EARLY BIRD WATERSKIING
Early Bird Waterskiing is our classic early morning waterski session that takes advantage of the smoothest riding conditions of the day. This waterskiing-only class uses our Nautique Ski 200 which provides the softest wake in the industry.
What Will I Learn?
Let your instructor know your goals for the morning and they will be able to offer personalized instruction to help you achieve them. Our instructors focus on proper body positioning and technique first to ensure your progression stays consistent.
Is this the right class for me?
Whether you are looking for instruction or just want to get out and ride, our Early Bird Waterskiing class takes advantage of the phrase “the early bird gets the worm.” Enjoy the best waterskiing conditions Mission Bay has to offer while riding behind a top-of-the-line Ski Nautique 200. We provide current year O’Brien skis and equipment for you to use.
- Riders should be confident getting up on a waterski
- This class is open to all participants 14 and up.
- A general liability waiver is required to participate. Anyone under 18 must have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian and will be required to wear a life vest at all times while on the boat and a helmet while riding.
- Participants must acknowledge that they are water safe (able to swim 50 meters and comfortably tread water).
How to Prepare
- The first session of the month you will meet your instructors in the lobby to sign your waiver and grab your gear. After the first week, class will meet at the take-off zone of ski beach on the grass near the southeast corner of the parking lot.
- You are welcome to bring your own ski and gear. Personal lifejackets must be USCG approved impact vests.
- Bring sunscreen and a refillable water bottle. MBAC has a water bottle refilling station and there are a number of restaurants nearby, but keep in mind that food and drink are not available for purchase at MBAC. Lockers and showers are provided.
- Parking can be a challenge at MBAC, especially during the summer months. Please visit our parking page for more information
After participating in the Early Bird Waterski session we encourage you to take another! If you'd like to show off your new skills to friends or family check out our Wakeboarding Private Lessons (where you CAN waterski!) and get your whole group on the water!