In order to rent our windsurfers you must be checked off by either completing the prerequisite class at MBAC or complete a 2-hour orientation/check-off if you have previous windsurfing experience. We are a self-service rental facility and when you rent a windsurfer you are required to launch, rig, de-rig, and clean up your equipment.
Windsurfer Rental Policies:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to rent equipment and willing to take financial and legal responsibility for the equipment you are renting (no more than 5 rentals per adult).
- Minors between the ages of 14-17 may participate on their own windsurfer with someone over the age of 18 supervising them and a waiver must be signed by their parent. Children under the age of 14 must participate in the rental on the same piece of equipment as the adult and the adult must still go through the checkoff process.
- All equipment must be returned within 2.5 hours or ½ hour before closing—whichever comes first.
- You must wear a personal flotation device (PFD) at ALL TIMES.
- You are not allowed to go under any bridges.
- Rentals are self service, meaning that customers are expected to setup, rinse, and put away their own equipment.
- No animals or alcohol allowed on equipment. Those suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to use equipment.
- Commercial activity is prohibited on rental equipment.
We provide boards and a variety of sails to suit the needs of beginning and intermediate level windsurfers in wide range of conditions.
This equipment requires qualification.
|Fee||SDSU/UCSD Current Student|
|2.5 Hour Rental||$40||$30|